Your cart is currently empty.
The Lace Rose Bun: The Last How-To Guide You’ll Need
One of the most simple, yet elegant ways to wear your hair is the Lace Rose Bun. It is the perfect combination of the classic bun and the trendy braided updo. Though the bun is more suited for lovelies with long hair, if you are a short-haired diva, you can simply add hair extensions to create this simple yet intricate looking style. In general, wearing your hair up in a bun is great for several reasons.
First, it looks gorgeous whether you have textured or bone straight hair. Secondly, you don’t have to be a hair genius to perfect it. The third reason why so many ladies adore this bun is that it can be worn to a romantic date, girls night out, prom, or even to work. Additionally, the lace rose bun hairstyle compliments any outfit. Whether you’re a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal, punk, or classy but sassy, this hairstyle has you covered. So, here is the most detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the lace rose bun.
What You’ll Need:
- Small clear hair elastics
- Hair gel
Gather everything you need for the lace rose bun before you start. Let’s get this show on the road!
- Comb your hair and apply hair gel to make the hair shiny and sleek.
- Carefully divide your hair into two parts.
- Leave a bit more in the top section of your hair than the bottom.
- Put the bottom section of your hair in an elastic band to keep it out of the way.
- Brush the top section of your hair and divide it into two sections, left and right.
- Weave the upper part into a loose french braid. The braid should be positioned at the left side, carefully add hair that was divided into the upper side.
- While braiding your hair, to create a lace effect, pull the sides of the hair, loosening up the parts of the braid. This will give it the lace effect you want.
- Make sure you have picked up all the left part of the hair and it has been pulled into the braid.
Great job, you’re more than halfway done!
- Ok, when you are done braiding that part, use a hair elastic to hold the braid while you start braiding the tail.
- Once you are through with the braiding, comb the hair.
- Secure using an elastic band.
- Now, roll the end to form the rose inspired bun.
- Adjust the bun to your liking, making sure the hairpins are not visible. Optional: You can also loosen the braid on the right side if you want.
- Loosen all your hair including the lace rose braid in the bun creating a voluminous and messy appearance.
- Wrap the bun with the tail of the braid and secure using hairpins to complete this unique style.
The main secret to keeping this style neat is lots of hairpins and a healthy dose of hairspray. This will help you keep everything in place. This bun is most often seen as a prom or bridal hairstyle but think outside of the box. Don’t be afraid to get creative and add your own flair. Just don’t forget to send us your results!
Estelle’s Secret clip-in hair extensions are 100% Remy Hair, which means they are the highest grade of natural human hair you can get. With cuticles intact and unilateral, your hair extensions are guaranteed silky, soft, and long-lasting. Don’t forget to subscribe to Estelle’s Secret so we can share all the hottest trends, new products, and hair tutorials to keep your hair looking top notch!
Cover Image Source: @N.Starck